While life in any ghetto across the country is a bleak existence to many, there are those (including successful rappers) who aspire to stay planted and run their block. As Mike Beck can tell you, these decided few have obviously ignored what Momma Use To Say and can expect negative consequences as an end to their once hopeful means. Beck strays from the norm by giving a flip side to the street life; a rarity in today’s glorified-hood game. Toss in a soulful hook from Tony Sunshine and Drop Dead Beats’ bass-heavy production and class is dismissed. For homework re-listen to Momma Use To Say and let it be a lesson to all impatient, upcoming hustlers; a dime doesn’t turn into a dollar overnight.
Written by Burmy on 01/22/08
Submit your Rating
K.A.R. Heavy Bank Ent.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.