Mike Beatz’ last Booth feature depicted him in a moment of doubt, wondering whether his pursuit of rap stardom was leading him down a path to Heaven or hell. Fast-forward a month and change, and we find the South Floridian emcee/producer marching toward his personal promised land with renewed confidence and an ironclad determination to succeed. On promo single Zion, Beatz narrates his ongoing quest for artistic excellence, busting copious shots at his haters along the way. He looks to Lauryn Hill’s classic To Zion for inspiration on the production tip, building his beat around a sample of Santana’s guest guitar solo. Feeling it? While this cut isn’t attached to a larger project, you can stay tuned further details on Mike’s 2013 plans, as well as all the latest song releases.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.