Mike Beatz’ last Booth feature depicted him in a moment of doubt, wondering whether his pursuit of rap stardom was leading him down a path to Heaven or hell. Fast-forward a month and change, and we find the South Floridian emcee/producer marching toward his personal promised land with renewed confidence and an ironclad determination to succeed. On promo single Zion, Beatz narrates his ongoing quest for artistic excellence, busting copious shots at his haters along the way. He looks to Lauryn Hill’s classic To Zion for inspiration on the production tip, building his beat around a sample of Santana’s guest guitar solo. Feeling it? While this cut isn’t attached to a larger project, you can stay tuned further details on Mike’s 2013 plans, as well as all the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 01/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.