Mike Beatz’ last Booth feature depicted him in a moment of doubt, wondering whether his pursuit of rap stardom was leading him down a path to Heaven or hell. Fast-forward a month and change, and we find the South Floridian emcee/producer marching toward his personal promised land with renewed confidence and an ironclad determination to succeed. On promo single Zion, Beatz narrates his ongoing quest for artistic excellence, busting copious shots at his haters along the way. He looks to Lauryn Hill’s classic To Zion for inspiration on the production tip, building his beat around a sample of Santana’s guest guitar solo. Feeling it? While this cut isn’t attached to a larger project, you can stay tuned further details on Mike’s 2013 plans, as well as all the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 01/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.