Mike Beatz’ last Booth feature depicted him in a moment of doubt, wondering whether his pursuit of rap stardom was leading him down a path to Heaven or hell. Fast-forward a month and change, and we find the South Floridian emcee/producer marching toward his personal promised land with renewed confidence and an ironclad determination to succeed. On promo single Zion, Beatz narrates his ongoing quest for artistic excellence, busting copious shots at his haters along the way. He looks to Lauryn Hill’s classic To Zion for inspiration on the production tip, building his beat around a sample of Santana’s guest guitar solo. Feeling it? While this cut isn’t attached to a larger project, you can stay tuned further details on Mike’s 2013 plans, as well as all the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 01/16/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)