Last we heard from Mike Beatz, he was flexing his Entourage Flow on a single inspired by the hit HBO series. Today, however, the South Florida emcee’s ditched the retinue to bring us We All We Got (I’m the Kid), a fresh song release stressing the importance of knowing who your real friends are. Faithful collaborator and co-headliner Adonis does his thing on the production tip, pairing a minimal organ riff with a head-noddable, boom-bap rhythm as Beatz confidently chronicles his many achievements, and laughs in the face of those who would be presumptuous enough to critique his approach to the grind. Another worthy confidant and collaborator, Wu-Tang spitter Cappadonna, contributes some scorching rhymes on the front. Craving more? Stay tuned; while nothing has been revealed regarding the duo’s next collaborative project, Beatz and Adonis will be announcing details on the set in the very near future.
Written by richard on 10/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.