Since Mike Beatz’ transition from the boards to the mic has been an unreserved success (his last feature, 50/50, earned glowing praise from Booth readers), the veteran producer/up-and-coming rapper’s decided to take on yet another job title: Global Head of State. Don’t worry though – judging by My World, the latest single off his and producer Adonis’ collaborative mixtape, Beatz’ musical regime won’t be half bad for us little people. Over Adonis smoothly-flipped sample of Charles Bradley‘s The World (Is Going up in Flames), Beatz describes a bright future in which an enterprising fellow like himself can get his cake up without fearing failure – even though, under his rule, everyone will be able to rap and produce. On the back, ¡MAYDAY! emcee drops in to offer his take on the current political landscape, calling for an end to violent and divisive rhetoric. So, how about it, Booth readers – do you welcome Mike Beatz and Adonis as your new hip-hop overlords? Those who say ‘aye’ can find this soulful cut and much more on their Boom Bap album, due out later this year.
Written by richard on 03/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.