Since Mike Beatz’ transition from the boards to the mic has been an unreserved success (his last feature, 50/50, earned glowing praise from Booth readers), the veteran producer/up-and-coming rapper’s decided to take on yet another job title: Global Head of State. Don’t worry though – judging by My World, the latest single off his and producer Adonis’ collaborative mixtape, Beatz’ musical regime won’t be half bad for us little people. Over Adonis smoothly-flipped sample of Charles Bradley‘s The World (Is Going up in Flames), Beatz describes a bright future in which an enterprising fellow like himself can get his cake up without fearing failure – even though, under his rule, everyone will be able to rap and produce. On the back, ¡MAYDAY! emcee drops in to offer his take on the current political landscape, calling for an end to violent and divisive rhetoric. So, how about it, Booth readers – do you welcome Mike Beatz and Adonis as your new hip-hop overlords? Those who say ‘aye’ can find this soulful cut and much more on their Boom Bap album, due out later this year.
Written by richard on 03/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.