As the British poet John Milton wrote in his magnum opus, Paradise Lost, “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.” That observation clearly hit close to home for heavyweight-in-training producer/songwriter and rising emcee Mike Beatz, whose latest promo single sees him contemplating the possibility that the paradisiac vision of rap stardom he’s worked so long to achieve might feel more like Hades when he finally arrives. Not that these doubts have made him any less determined to get there; as the Kingston native explains over his own moody sampling of UK electronic duo Lamb’s record of the same title, “I’mma make it even if it kills me.” Director Noel Rosado artistically captures the themes of perseverance, isolation, and decay in his official visuals. Heaven isn’t currently attached to any larger project from Mike Beatz but, If the record’s piqued your interest, you can keep your eye on our front page for all the latest from the G.T.P.S. signee.
Written by richard on 12/9/12
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.