As the British poet John Milton wrote in his magnum opus, Paradise Lost, “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.” That observation clearly hit close to home for heavyweight-in-training producer/songwriter and rising emcee Mike Beatz, whose latest promo single sees him contemplating the possibility that the paradisiac vision of rap stardom he’s worked so long to achieve might feel more like Hades when he finally arrives. Not that these doubts have made him any less determined to get there; as the Kingston native explains over his own moody sampling of UK electronic duo Lamb’s record of the same title, “I’mma make it even if it kills me.” Director Noel Rosado artistically captures the themes of perseverance, isolation, and decay in his official visuals. Heaven isn’t currently attached to any larger project from Mike Beatz but, If the record’s piqued your interest, you can keep your eye on our front page for all the latest from the G.T.P.S. signee.
Written by richard on 12/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.