As the British poet John Milton wrote in his magnum opus, Paradise Lost, “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.” That observation clearly hit close to home for heavyweight-in-training producer/songwriter and rising emcee Mike Beatz, whose latest promo single sees him contemplating the possibility that the paradisiac vision of rap stardom he’s worked so long to achieve might feel more like Hades when he finally arrives. Not that these doubts have made him any less determined to get there; as the Kingston native explains over his own moody sampling of UK electronic duo Lamb’s record of the same title, “I’mma make it even if it kills me.” Director Noel Rosado artistically captures the themes of perseverance, isolation, and decay in his official visuals. Heaven isn’t currently attached to any larger project from Mike Beatz but, If the record’s piqued your interest, you can keep your eye on our front page for all the latest from the G.T.P.S. signee.
Written by richard on 12/9/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)