As the British poet John Milton wrote in his magnum opus, Paradise Lost, “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.” That observation clearly hit close to home for heavyweight-in-training producer/songwriter and rising emcee Mike Beatz, whose latest promo single sees him contemplating the possibility that the paradisiac vision of rap stardom he’s worked so long to achieve might feel more like Hades when he finally arrives. Not that these doubts have made him any less determined to get there; as the Kingston native explains over his own moody sampling of UK electronic duo Lamb’s record of the same title, “I’mma make it even if it kills me.” Director Noel Rosado artistically captures the themes of perseverance, isolation, and decay in his official visuals. Heaven isn’t currently attached to any larger project from Mike Beatz but, If the record’s piqued your interest, you can keep your eye on our front page for all the latest from the G.T.P.S. signee.
Written by richard on 12/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.