After Cee-Lo‘s 2010 megahit, I think it’s safe to say the shock/humor value of titling a song “F*ck You” has been exhausted…. at least for a few years’ time. Thankfully, Mike Beatz’ latest effort is neither an f-bomb-packed play for attention nor an attempt to piggyback off Green’s success – despite sharing some themes with the latter’s cut, the South Floridian rapper/producer’s F*ck You is a damn catchy record in its own right. Adonis handles production duties, flipping a lush soul sample into a tunefully fresh backdrop for rhymes on the topic of female dishonesty – which must be in the air, since Celeb Forever tackled the very same topic on I Don’t Believe You, also featured today. Beatz gets the last laugh in his opening verse, making out with his trifling ex while her new man looks on helplessly; NYC-repping Booth fave (and freestyle series alum) Sha Stimuli tells a similar story on the back, reminding a girl who did him wrong that, despite their recent fling, she’s still dead to him. Topped off with the smooth hook vocals of Lucian, this quirky breakup joint is just one of many fresh selections on Mike Beatz’ Boom Bap: The Album, available for download here.
Written by richard on 05/11/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.