After Cee-Lo‘s 2010 megahit, I think it’s safe to say the shock/humor value of titling a song “F*ck You” has been exhausted…. at least for a few years’ time. Thankfully, Mike Beatz’ latest effort is neither an f-bomb-packed play for attention nor an attempt to piggyback off Green’s success – despite sharing some themes with the latter’s cut, the South Floridian rapper/producer’s F*ck You is a damn catchy record in its own right. Adonis handles production duties, flipping a lush soul sample into a tunefully fresh backdrop for rhymes on the topic of female dishonesty – which must be in the air, since Celeb Forever tackled the very same topic on I Don’t Believe You, also featured today. Beatz gets the last laugh in his opening verse, making out with his trifling ex while her new man looks on helplessly; NYC-repping Booth fave (and freestyle series alum) Sha Stimuli tells a similar story on the back, reminding a girl who did him wrong that, despite their recent fling, she’s still dead to him. Topped off with the smooth hook vocals of Lucian, this quirky breakup joint is just one of many fresh selections on Mike Beatz’ Boom Bap: The Album, available for download here.
Written by richard on 05/11/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.