Featured in late June, Mike Beatz’ Crooks met a mixed reception in the Booth; though readers praised the established producer’s street-certified boardwork, many doubted if he could cut it on the mic. Now, Beatz is back on our frontpage with mixtape single 50/50, a track he’s hoping will turn the skeptics into devotees. This time around, the artist takes a decidedly different approach on the mic and behind the boards. Over his own string-heavy, soul-sampled boardwork, Mike expresses gratitude to a female who’s held him down through thick and thin, promising to do the same for her once his grind finally pays off. The theme’s an undeniably fresh one – when’s the last time you heard a guy spit about being financially supported by his girl? – and Beatz’ heartfelt rhymes may change a few minds regarding his prospects as an emcee. If this track’s got you hooked, you’re sure to find more to your liking on Mike Beatz’ DJ Absolut-hosted I’m Thirsty mixtape, set to hit the ‘net this October.
Listen to More: Mike Beatz
Written by richard on 09/21/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.