Featured in late June, Mike Beatz’ Crooks met a mixed reception in the Booth; though readers praised the established producer’s street-certified boardwork, many doubted if he could cut it on the mic. Now, Beatz is back on our frontpage with mixtape single 50/50, a track he’s hoping will turn the skeptics into devotees. This time around, the artist takes a decidedly different approach on the mic and behind the boards. Over his own string-heavy, soul-sampled boardwork, Mike expresses gratitude to a female who’s held him down through thick and thin, promising to do the same for her once his grind finally pays off. The theme’s an undeniably fresh one – when’s the last time you heard a guy spit about being financially supported by his girl? – and Beatz’ heartfelt rhymes may change a few minds regarding his prospects as an emcee. If this track’s got you hooked, you’re sure to find more to your liking on Mike Beatz’ DJ Absolut-hosted I’m Thirsty mixtape, set to hit the ‘net this October.
Written by richard on 09/21/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)