Those who’ve gotten a taste of Mike Baker the Bike Maker‘s unflappably chill style may find themselves wondering: how does the man manage to keep it so cool? On a standout cut off his recently-released, Booth-sponsored street album, the Alameda, California representative reveals his secret to beating stress: L.I.F.E. (Living in Full Enjoyment). Backed by frequent collaborator 1-O.A.K.‘s energetic yet chill synth production, Baker delineates the key facets of his laid-back life philosophy: staying positive (“Smile on my face, ‘cause I’m hardly ever dissin”), following your dreams (“Infinite, gotta get it / longevity, win it with long distance”) and making sure to cut loose every now and again (“No time to be mild, just live in the now, give in, get down.”). Million Star Hotel singer Nikki Jean sums it all up on the hook, exhorting listeners to “live it up with no regrets.” Has the Bike Maker succeeded in elevating your mindstate with this upbeat cut? Plenty more uplifting jams await on Mike Plays It Cool, available here in the Booth for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 11/2/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)