Those who’ve gotten a taste of Mike Baker the Bike Maker‘s unflappably chill style may find themselves wondering: how does the man manage to keep it so cool? On a standout cut off his recently-released, Booth-sponsored street album, the Alameda, California representative reveals his secret to beating stress: L.I.F.E. (Living in Full Enjoyment). Backed by frequent collaborator 1-O.A.K.‘s energetic yet chill synth production, Baker delineates the key facets of his laid-back life philosophy: staying positive (“Smile on my face, ‘cause I’m hardly ever dissin”), following your dreams (“Infinite, gotta get it / longevity, win it with long distance”) and making sure to cut loose every now and again (“No time to be mild, just live in the now, give in, get down.”). Million Star Hotel singer Nikki Jean sums it all up on the hook, exhorting listeners to “live it up with no regrets.” Has the Bike Maker succeeded in elevating your mindstate with this upbeat cut? Plenty more uplifting jams await on Mike Plays It Cool, available here in the Booth for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 11/2/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)