Those who’ve gotten a taste of Mike Baker the Bike Maker‘s unflappably chill style may find themselves wondering: how does the man manage to keep it so cool? On a standout cut off his recently-released, Booth-sponsored street album, the Alameda, California representative reveals his secret to beating stress: L.I.F.E. (Living in Full Enjoyment). Backed by frequent collaborator 1-O.A.K.‘s energetic yet chill synth production, Baker delineates the key facets of his laid-back life philosophy: staying positive (“Smile on my face, ‘cause I’m hardly ever dissin”), following your dreams (“Infinite, gotta get it / longevity, win it with long distance”) and making sure to cut loose every now and again (“No time to be mild, just live in the now, give in, get down.”). Million Star Hotel singer Nikki Jean sums it all up on the hook, exhorting listeners to “live it up with no regrets.” Has the Bike Maker succeeded in elevating your mindstate with this upbeat cut? Plenty more uplifting jams await on Mike Plays It Cool, available here in the Booth for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 11/2/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.