As the cliché goes, you never know what you got till it’s gone. Up-and-coming R&B singer Mike Angel recently got a lesson in the dangers of taking sh*t for granted, when the woman he’d been doing dirty got fed up and walked out of his life. On Booth debut and new single Stuck on You, the Richmond, Virginia native admits his wrongdoing and tries to repair the burned bridges between him and his girl. Though we can only speculate as to whether she’ll accept his heartfelt apology, I have a feeling that his impassioned vocals, delivered over TEP Tracks’ synth-driven boardwork, will win him the admiration of pop lovers in the Booth. Or have I got it twisted? Those who agree with my assessment will be able to find plenty more fresh tunes where this came from on the artist’s Hot Commodity tape, scheduled for release April 10.
Written by richard on 03/4/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.