Gaining experience as a ghostwriter for Kelis (on Ahh Sh*t!) and a member of Danity Kane member D. Woods’ side project, The Girls’ Club, the multi-talented Mika Means recently inked a recording contract with Universal Motown after only 15 minutes with the label president. Means, who is tentatively set to release her debut in the first quarter of ‘09, knows exactly what she wants from the men around her, and is willing to tell them up front; she just wants to Spend Ya Money. The record’s producer lives up to his name; Catalyst provides a beat that will undoubtedly set off a strong reaction amongst experienced radio programmers. When it comes to bringing her new sound to the ears of listeners worldwide, let’s just say Mika means business.
Written by Burmy on 10/2/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everybody Knows Me" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.