Gaining experience as a ghostwriter for Kelis (on Ahh Sh*t!) and a member of Danity Kane member D. Woods’ side project, The Girls’ Club, the multi-talented Mika Means recently inked a recording contract with Universal Motown after only 15 minutes with the label president. Means, who is tentatively set to release her debut in the first quarter of ‘09, knows exactly what she wants from the men around her, and is willing to tell them up front; she just wants to Spend Ya Money. The record’s producer lives up to his name; Catalyst provides a beat that will undoubtedly set off a strong reaction amongst experienced radio programmers. When it comes to bringing her new sound to the ears of listeners worldwide, let’s just say Mika means business.
Written by Burmy on 10/2/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everybody Knows Me" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.