Gaining experience as a ghostwriter for Kelis (on Ahh Sh*t!) and a member of Danity Kane member D. Woods’ side project, The Girls’ Club, the multi-talented Mika Means recently inked a recording contract with Universal Motown after only 15 minutes with the label president. Means, who is tentatively set to release her debut in the first quarter of ‘09, knows exactly what she wants from the men around her, and is willing to tell them up front; she just wants to Spend Ya Money. The record’s producer lives up to his name; Catalyst provides a beat that will undoubtedly set off a strong reaction amongst experienced radio programmers. When it comes to bringing her new sound to the ears of listeners worldwide, let’s just say Mika means business.
Written by Burmy on 10/2/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everybody Knows Me" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.