Not content with merely breaking artistic ground, Miguel is now a trendsetter on the commercial side of the equation by deciding to release two digital-only EPs in the lead-up to his sophomore album, Kaleidoscope Dream; the final album will contain both previous EPs, plus five brand new songs. But you know what? Don’t sweat the details. For now, just press play on the newly released Use Me. For production duties Miguel enlists hitmakers Pop & Oak for a darkly paced and sultry beat that is far from your typical production. Luckily Miguel is also far from your typical singer, weaving in and out of the instrumental with sexual and experimental crooning like only he can. Those hungry for more like Use Me are in luck. The first EP in the Kaleidoscope series, Kaleidoscope Dream: The Water Preview, drops this Tuesday, July 31, followed by the full Kaleidoscope Dream album on October 2.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Want Is You" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.