Not content with merely breaking artistic ground, Miguel is now a trendsetter on the commercial side of the equation by deciding to release two digital-only EPs in the lead-up to his sophomore album, Kaleidoscope Dream; the final album will contain both previous EPs, plus five brand new songs. But you know what? Don’t sweat the details. For now, just press play on the newly released Use Me. For production duties Miguel enlists hitmakers Pop & Oak for a darkly paced and sultry beat that is far from your typical production. Luckily Miguel is also far from your typical singer, weaving in and out of the instrumental with sexual and experimental crooning like only he can. Those hungry for more like Use Me are in luck. The first EP in the Kaleidoscope series, Kaleidoscope Dream: The Water Preview, drops this Tuesday, July 31, followed by the full Kaleidoscope Dream album on October 2.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/30/12
I was in the Viper Room for the 2010 release party of Miguel’s breakthrough album, All I Want Is You, and what I saw was a young performer just coming into his own. A little over a year later, I caught him again at Club...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Want Is You" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.