Is there anything that beats The Thrill of hearing a brand new song from Miguel? Come to think of it, there are probably a few things—fortunately, all of them can be rendered even more thrilling by enjoying them while listening to the RCA crooner’s latest single. The follow-up to late-July’s explosive, Pop N Oak-produced Use Me, this slow-burning ballad finds beat crew Phatboiz dialing back the intensity to create an atmospheric, guitar-laced backdrop for cryptic, but soulful verses describing the exhilaration the singer feels when he’s around a certain woman. Craving more fresh, innovative R&B bangers? You’ll find what you seek on sophomore album Kaleidoscope Dream scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers October 2. In the meantime, fans can preview eight tracks in total off the project on the artist’s Water and Air preview EP’s, respectively out now and set for release tomorrow, September 11.
Written by richard on 09/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Want Is You" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.