Is there anything that beats The Thrill of hearing a brand new song from Miguel? Come to think of it, there are probably a few things—fortunately, all of them can be rendered even more thrilling by enjoying them while listening to the RCA crooner’s latest single. The follow-up to late-July’s explosive, Pop N Oak-produced Use Me, this slow-burning ballad finds beat crew Phatboiz dialing back the intensity to create an atmospheric, guitar-laced backdrop for cryptic, but soulful verses describing the exhilaration the singer feels when he’s around a certain woman. Craving more fresh, innovative R&B bangers? You’ll find what you seek on sophomore album Kaleidoscope Dream scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers October 2. In the meantime, fans can preview eight tracks in total off the project on the artist’s Water and Air preview EP’s, respectively out now and set for release tomorrow, September 11.
Written by richard on 09/10/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Want Is You" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)