Is there anything that beats The Thrill of hearing a brand new song from Miguel? Come to think of it, there are probably a few things—fortunately, all of them can be rendered even more thrilling by enjoying them while listening to the RCA crooner’s latest single. The follow-up to late-July’s explosive, Pop N Oak-produced Use Me, this slow-burning ballad finds beat crew Phatboiz dialing back the intensity to create an atmospheric, guitar-laced backdrop for cryptic, but soulful verses describing the exhilaration the singer feels when he’s around a certain woman. Craving more fresh, innovative R&B bangers? You’ll find what you seek on sophomore album Kaleidoscope Dream scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers October 2. In the meantime, fans can preview eight tracks in total off the project on the artist’s Water and Air preview EP’s, respectively out now and set for release tomorrow, September 11.
Written by richard on 09/10/12
I was in the Viper Room for the 2010 release party of Miguel’s breakthrough album, All I Want Is You, and what I saw was a young performer just coming into his own. A little over a year later, I caught him again at Club...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Want Is You" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.