In pop music as in love, the only Sure Thing is that there are no sure things. (And before anyone says anything, yes, I do realize that statement is self-contradictory.) Judging by the positive Booth feedback the up-and-coming crooner (and recent video interviewee) has received thus far, though, Miguel is pretty damn close. On single numéro deux, the singer trades the hip-hop-informed vibes of lead effort/title track All I Want Is You for something a little more haunting; backed by Happy Perez’ headphone-worthy blend of swirling synths, ringing guitar chords and understated percussion (complete with an unexpected, but dope chopped-n-screwed hook), Miguel expresses the enduring, invincible power of his love for a special girl. While I doubt SAT scorers would approve of some of his analogical reasoning (cigarette is to smoker as news is to reporter?!) the artist gets a perfect 2400 where passion and soul are concerned. Like what you’re hearing? More eclectically fresh R&B goodness awaits on All I Want Is You (the album), released Nov. 30 and available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 01/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Want Is You" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.