Based on the title of his latest effort, you might pigeonhole Miguel as another typical male, more interested in a mindless Quickie than candlelit dinners and deep conversation. And you’d be totally… correct. How can he help it? You’re just so damn fine. (Disclaimer: I have no clue what you look like, or whether Miguel would be interested—you’ll just have to Tweet him some unsolicited nude photos and find out for yourself. [On second thought, don’t do that.]) Uh, where was I? Right—single number three off the Jive crooner’s debut set finds somewhat un-aptly named beatsmith Fisticuffs crafting a slow-rolling, lightly reggae-accented guitar-percussion instrumental to back his soulfully earnest sexual propositions. Asking the shawty in question “Don’t be offended babe by what I say,” the singer offers himself up for a “quick fix,” no strings attached—he asks only that she take care not to damage the merchandise (bite marks, scratches and hickeys are out of the question). Regardless of whether you’re prepared to take Miguel up on his invitation, you can find plenty more smooth tunes on the artist’s All I Want Is You LP, released last November and out now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 06/28/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Want Is You" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.