Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Just three years ago I don’t know if even Miguel could have predicted that he’d be widely acknowledged as one of the best young voices in R&B. Just three years ago I don’t know if even Kendrick Lamar could have predicted that he’d be considered the best young rapper alive. So it’s only right that the pair have finally connected for the remix to Miguel’s already hit-single, How Many Drinks?. This time around Salaam Remi‘s original smoothed-out production remains intact, as do Miguel’s sultry crooning, leaving Kendrick to carry the remix weight solo with a guest verse that should leave many a lovely lady willing to dive into a swimming pool with him. Those suddenly finding themselves thirsty should check out Miguel’s outstanding Kaleidoscope Dream album, and while I’m just guessing here, the unwritten rules of rapper/singer exchanges means there’s a Miguel hook on a Kendrick Lamar track coming soon. For now we can only wait and hope…
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Miguel’s Clark Jackson-directed How Many Drinks? (Remix) visual.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Want Is You" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.