Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Just three years ago I don’t know if even Miguel could have predicted that he’d be widely acknowledged as one of the best young voices in R&B. Just three years ago I don’t know if even Kendrick Lamar could have predicted that he’d be considered the best young rapper alive. So it’s only right that the pair have finally connected for the remix to Miguel’s already hit-single, How Many Drinks?. This time around Salaam Remi‘s original smoothed-out production remains intact, as do Miguel’s sultry crooning, leaving Kendrick to carry the remix weight solo with a guest verse that should leave many a lovely lady willing to dive into a swimming pool with him. Those suddenly finding themselves thirsty should check out Miguel’s outstanding Kaleidoscope Dream album, and while I’m just guessing here, the unwritten rules of rapper/singer exchanges means there’s a Miguel hook on a Kendrick Lamar track coming soon. For now we can only wait and hope…
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Miguel’s Clark Jackson-directed How Many Drinks? (Remix) visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Want Is You" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!