Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Just three years ago I don’t know if even Miguel could have predicted that he’d be widely acknowledged as one of the best young voices in R&B. Just three years ago I don’t know if even Kendrick Lamar could have predicted that he’d be considered the best young rapper alive. So it’s only right that the pair have finally connected for the remix to Miguel’s already hit-single, How Many Drinks?. This time around Salaam Remi‘s original smoothed-out production remains intact, as do Miguel’s sultry crooning, leaving Kendrick to carry the remix weight solo with a guest verse that should leave many a lovely lady willing to dive into a swimming pool with him. Those suddenly finding themselves thirsty should check out Miguel’s outstanding Kaleidoscope Dream album, and while I’m just guessing here, the unwritten rules of rapper/singer exchanges means there’s a Miguel hook on a Kendrick Lamar track coming soon. For now we can only wait and hope…
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Miguel’s Clark Jackson-directed How Many Drinks? (Remix) visual.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Want Is You" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.