Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Just three years ago I don’t know if even Miguel could have predicted that he’d be widely acknowledged as one of the best young voices in R&B. Just three years ago I don’t know if even Kendrick Lamar could have predicted that he’d be considered the best young rapper alive. So it’s only right that the pair have finally connected for the remix to Miguel’s already hit-single, How Many Drinks?. This time around Salaam Remi‘s original smoothed-out production remains intact, as do Miguel’s sultry crooning, leaving Kendrick to carry the remix weight solo with a guest verse that should leave many a lovely lady willing to dive into a swimming pool with him. Those suddenly finding themselves thirsty should check out Miguel’s outstanding Kaleidoscope Dream album, and while I’m just guessing here, the unwritten rules of rapper/singer exchanges means there’s a Miguel hook on a Kendrick Lamar track coming soon. For now we can only wait and hope…
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Miguel’s Clark Jackson-directed How Many Drinks? (Remix) visual.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/19/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Want Is You" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.