When you’re in the midst of a romantic dry spell, attractive members of the opposite sex can come to seem so distant and unattainable that it makes you hate them just a little bit—and want them all the more. Of course, a gentleman as suave and dapper as Miguel wouldn’t know anything about that, would he? Evidently he does. The latest single off the RCA crooner’s 2010 debut (co-written with Mac Robinson and Brian Warfield) finds him rolling solo dolo, cursing the beautiful women who call to mind memories of the romantic bliss that lies just outside his grasp: “Girls Like You remind me that I’m lonely.” Quickie producer Fisticuffs reprises his role behind the boards, crafting a catchy blend of stop-start percussion and atmospheric synth chords to back the singer as he pines for someone to occupy the other side of his bed—and the other side of the Connect 4 board. Sure to elicit plenty of offers from potential bedmates and game partners (that is, if the artist hasn’t sorted that out already), Girls Like You is just one of many R&B bangers to be found on Miguel’s All I Want Is You LP, available now from record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 12/1/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Want Is You" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.