No, Miguel‘s latest feature isn’t an R&B paean to the virtue of chastity. In reality, the record’s title is not a rebuff but a sly come-on: “You can’t sleep. I can’t sleep. Let’s Can’t Sleep Together.” On this promotional cut, released as part of the Adult Swim Singles series, an uncredited beatsmith’s expansive, slow-burning synth/guitar beat sets the mood as the RCA hitmaker smooth-talks a female companion into bed. Though his vocal style here is a bit more casual than fans may be accustomed to, his talent for seduction shines through his off-the-cuff verses. This fall, Miguel will be heading out on tour with Drake and Future. Click here to learn when they’ll be visiting a city near you!
Written by richard on 09/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Want Is You" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.