Like most great R&B albums, Miguel‘s sophomore studio LP is primarily focused on romance and sexuality. On the final track off the set, however, the RCA recording artist steps back from the minutiae of modern love to reflect on the bigger picture. Featured in conjunction with its newly-released official visuals, Candles in the Sun finds the artist pondering the existence of God, social inequality and other heady topics over his own understated synth production. On the chorus, he drops a pointed quote from Biggie‘s Kick in the Door. Featuring this joint along with new single How Many Drinks?, the Grammy-winning Adorn and much more, Kaleidoscope Dreams is available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 02/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Want Is You" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.