Once upon a time, the only thing Miguel required in order to be happy was the love of a certain woman; as he put it on the title track off his debut set, “All I Want Is You.” As so often happens, though, a taste of success has only whet his appetite. On one of three original cuts featured on his newly-released EP, the RCA signee revises his previous statement, announcing “I want it ...ALL.” And, if that sounds selfish to you, well, “f*ck it, everybody’s selfish.” Miguel handles both vocal and production duties on this moody yet driving jam, cooking up an intricately-textured synth beat to back him as he expresses his insatiable hunger for status and acclaim. Even more than increasing his own cachet, however, the crooner wants to create a community of fellow innovators: “Round up people I can build with / Champion the ones that I’m near most / Fellow outcasts and weirdos…” Exhibiting a funky, left-of-center intensity reminiscent of Prince or The-Dream, this jam showcases an intriguing new side of the Booth-acclaimed singer. If this cut has you wondering what else Miguel’s got up his sleeve, you can satisfy your curiosity by downloading his Art Dealer Chic Vol. 2 EP, availble now for the low, low price of free.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All I Want Is You" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.