Named after their Oklahoma hometown, R&B group Midwest City is ready to make their mark on the music scene and bring back Authentic R&B. While Solomon, Tone, Shamale, and Shay typically do slow jams, listen to any current R&B album and you’ll notice that the first track is often an upbeat club banger. For Midwest City, that jam could be the dancefloor-ready Re-Up, with the quartet enlisting super-producer/occasional hype man Swizz Beatz to get the finest women to “shake it one time, shake it two times.” While the group provides strong vocals as usual, Swizzy’s production truly makes the Re-Up stand out.
Written by Burmy on 04/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.