Named after their Oklahoma hometown, R&B group Midwest City is ready to make their mark on the music scene and bring back Authentic R&B. While Solomon, Tone, Shamale, and Shay typically do slow jams, listen to any current R&B album and you’ll notice that the first track is often an upbeat club banger. For Midwest City, that jam could be the dancefloor-ready Re-Up, with the quartet enlisting super-producer/occasional hype man Swizz Beatz to get the finest women to “shake it one time, shake it two times.” While the group provides strong vocals as usual, Swizzy’s production truly makes the Re-Up stand out.
Written by Burmy on 04/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.