Named after their Oklahoma hometown, R&B group Midwest City is ready to make their mark on the music scene and bring back Authentic R&B. While Solomon, Tone, Shamale, and Shay typically do slow jams, listen to any current R&B album and you’ll notice that the first track is often an upbeat club banger. For Midwest City, that jam could be the dancefloor-ready Re-Up, with the quartet enlisting super-producer/occasional hype man Swizz Beatz to get the finest women to “shake it one time, shake it two times.” While the group provides strong vocals as usual, Swizzy’s production truly makes the Re-Up stand out.
Written by Burmy on 04/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.