Named after their Oklahoma hometown, R&B group Midwest City is ready to make their mark on the music scene and bring back Authentic R&B. While Solomon, Tone, Shamale, and Shay typically do slow jams, listen to any current R&B album and you’ll notice that the first track is often an upbeat club banger. For Midwest City, that jam could be the dancefloor-ready Re-Up, with the quartet enlisting super-producer/occasional hype man Swizz Beatz to get the finest women to “shake it one time, shake it two times.” While the group provides strong vocals as usual, Swizzy’s production truly makes the Re-Up stand out.
Written by Burmy on 04/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)