Named after their Oklahoma hometown, R&B group Midwest City is ready to make their mark on the music scene and bring back Authentic R&B. While Solomon, Tone, Shamale, and Shay typically do slow jams, listen to any current R&B album and you’ll notice that the first track is often an upbeat club banger. For Midwest City, that jam could be the dancefloor-ready Re-Up, with the quartet enlisting super-producer/occasional hype man Swizz Beatz to get the finest women to “shake it one time, shake it two times.” While the group provides strong vocals as usual, Swizzy’s production truly makes the Re-Up stand out.
Written by Burmy on 04/3/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hush ft. Midwest City" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.