Trusting your eyes might have made sense in a pre-televisual society, but contemporary strategies of media manipulation have rendered sight just as unreliable as the other four senses. On a new single off his latest street album, the Brooklynite calls into question the common wisdom that Seeing Is Believing, urging listeners to maintain a healthy skepticism with regard to anything taking place on the TV screen—or, better yet, to turn off the tube entirely. Joining MidaZ over IMAKEMADBEATS‘s screaming guitar riffs and stuttering boom-bap backbeat, Non Phixion alumnus Sabat Red and Ohio rhymesayer Blueprint echo the headliner’s incredulity in aggressive guest 16s. I could tell you how dope the DJBooth-hosted AU: Another Universe LP is, but why take my word for it when you can hear it for yourself? Released in mid-August, the project is available now for free streaming and digital purchase.
Written by richard on 09/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.