According to a press release, Booth newcomer MidaZ’ new project is the magnum opus of an ill-fated funk group called the El MidaZ Affair, recorded back in 1973 and tragically lost… until now! Other sources report that the project is a collaboration between the Floridian emcee and retro funk-fusion group El Michel Affair. Though the second version may be a bit more plausible, the elaborate, fictional backstory is nothing if not creative – and the innovative touch is equally evident on Creation, the first leak off the project. Backed by a vintage live-band groove that, if I hadn’t done my research, I would have assumed was sampled, the underground emcee spits bars packed with involuted flows and internally-rhymed quotables: “B*tch, don’t act like I won’t squeeze the air out your life like bagpipes, ‘cause I will/ Only thing that it’ll say in my will: ‘You know all them b*tch n*ggas?’ Make sure all them guys is killed’” If this left-of-center track impresses you as much as it did me, be sure to download a copy of MidaZ’ latest mixtape, set to debut exclusively at potholesinmyblog.com on January 5th, 2010.
Listen to More: MidaZ The BEAST
Written by richard on 12/16/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.