According to a press release, Booth newcomer MidaZ’ new project is the magnum opus of an ill-fated funk group called the El MidaZ Affair, recorded back in 1973 and tragically lost… until now! Other sources report that the project is a collaboration between the Floridian emcee and retro funk-fusion group El Michel Affair. Though the second version may be a bit more plausible, the elaborate, fictional backstory is nothing if not creative – and the innovative touch is equally evident on Creation, the first leak off the project. Backed by a vintage live-band groove that, if I hadn’t done my research, I would have assumed was sampled, the underground emcee spits bars packed with involuted flows and internally-rhymed quotables: “B*tch, don’t act like I won’t squeeze the air out your life like bagpipes, ‘cause I will/ Only thing that it’ll say in my will: ‘You know all them b*tch n*ggas?’ Make sure all them guys is killed’” If this left-of-center track impresses you as much as it did me, be sure to download a copy of MidaZ’ latest mixtape, set to debut exclusively at potholesinmyblog.com on January 5th, 2010.
Listen to More: MidaZ The BEAST Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.