According to a press release, Booth newcomer MidaZ’ new project is the magnum opus of an ill-fated funk group called the El MidaZ Affair, recorded back in 1973 and tragically lost… until now! Other sources report that the project is a collaboration between the Floridian emcee and retro funk-fusion group El Michel Affair. Though the second version may be a bit more plausible, the elaborate, fictional backstory is nothing if not creative – and the innovative touch is equally evident on Creation, the first leak off the project. Backed by a vintage live-band groove that, if I hadn’t done my research, I would have assumed was sampled, the underground emcee spits bars packed with involuted flows and internally-rhymed quotables: “B*tch, don’t act like I won’t squeeze the air out your life like bagpipes, ‘cause I will/ Only thing that it’ll say in my will: ‘You know all them b*tch n*ggas?’ Make sure all them guys is killed’” If this left-of-center track impresses you as much as it did me, be sure to download a copy of MidaZ’ latest mixtape, set to debut exclusively at potholesinmyblog.com on January 5th, 2010.
Listen to More: MidaZ The BEAST
Written by richard on 12/16/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.