At just 21 years of age, Mickey Shiloh is already an accomplished songwriter, having penned records for the likes of Janet Jackson, Britney Spears and Pitbull. The secret to her success? Every morning, she kick-starts her day with a hearty breakfast and some good weed. Now that the San Francisco native’s stepping into the spotlight as a solo artist, it’s only natural that she use her platform to extol the benefits of early-AM chiefing. On Wake N Bake, Joshua Ray‘s vibrant, reggae-informed production (complete with a climactic guitar solo) backs the artist as she touts the rejuvenating powers of her favorite herb. In the process, she showcases an engaging, off-the-cuff vocal style and a knack for crafting memorable melodies. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; Wake N Bake isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Shiloh’s plans as further details emerge.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.