At just 21 years of age, Mickey Shiloh is already an accomplished songwriter, having penned records for the likes of Janet Jackson, Britney Spears and Pitbull. The secret to her success? Every morning, she kick-starts her day with a hearty breakfast and some good weed. Now that the San Francisco native’s stepping into the spotlight as a solo artist, it’s only natural that she use her platform to extol the benefits of early-AM chiefing. On Wake N Bake, Joshua Ray‘s vibrant, reggae-informed production (complete with a climactic guitar solo) backs the artist as she touts the rejuvenating powers of her favorite herb. In the process, she showcases an engaging, off-the-cuff vocal style and a knack for crafting memorable melodies. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; Wake N Bake isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Shiloh’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/21/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.