At just 21 years of age, Mickey Shiloh is already an accomplished songwriter, having penned records for the likes of Janet Jackson, Britney Spears and Pitbull. The secret to her success? Every morning, she kick-starts her day with a hearty breakfast and some good weed. Now that the San Francisco native’s stepping into the spotlight as a solo artist, it’s only natural that she use her platform to extol the benefits of early-AM chiefing. On Wake N Bake, Joshua Ray‘s vibrant, reggae-informed production (complete with a climactic guitar solo) backs the artist as she touts the rejuvenating powers of her favorite herb. In the process, she showcases an engaging, off-the-cuff vocal style and a knack for crafting memorable melodies. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; Wake N Bake isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Shiloh’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/21/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.