Last heard responding to Kanye‘s infamous Zane Lowe interview on September loosie The New Rockstars, Mickey Factz returns to our pages with single numero uno off his next full-length. As you’d expect based on its title, Zen finds the artist in a calm, centered mindstate. Fortunately, Factz’s inner peace doesn’t prevent him from going hard on the mic; over Ta-Bu‘s atmospheric synth production, the artist delivers aggressive, masterfully-flowed verses liberally seasoned with pop culture allusions. Do I even need to specify that Alabama-repping Booth fave Yelawolf kills his guest 16? Because he f**king kills it. If you like what you’re hearing, stay tuned; The Achievement as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Leak #12 (Jimmy Choo’s) ft. J.A.M.E.S. Watts" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.