Who’s Hotter than Mickey Factz? I’m assuming the central question of the NYC emcee’s latest single is a rhetorical one, but, as one of the industry’s biggest buzzmakers, and the man who jumped on the ‘online series’ bandwagon before there even was a bandwagon, he’s got more right than most to the title “King of the Newcomers.” In swagger-soaked verses, Factz stakes his claim on the game’s every penny, and his out-of-this world braggadocio is backed by the boardwork of Dot Da Genius, the beatsmith whose spacey production helped transform Kid CuDi from an unknown hip-hopster into a bona fide hitmaker. Being that Factz’ and CuDi’s styles are as distinct as Day ‘n’ Nite, Dot takes a radically different approach here; over his two-fisted blend of grinding, feedback-ridden guitar grime and stomp-clap percussion, Mickey’s rhymes pack quite a punch. Factz may not be doing “Lil’ Wayne numbers” quite yet, but the personality he brings to this record will certainly help raise his profile. Keep it locked for more details on the rapper’s forthcoming, currently-untitled LP.
Listen to More: Mickey Factz
Written by richard on 05/21/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Leak #12 (Jimmy Choo’s) ft. J.A.M.E.S. Watts" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.