Who’s Hotter than Mickey Factz? I’m assuming the central question of the NYC emcee’s latest single is a rhetorical one, but, as one of the industry’s biggest buzzmakers, and the man who jumped on the ‘online series’ bandwagon before there even was a bandwagon, he’s got more right than most to the title “King of the Newcomers.” In swagger-soaked verses, Factz stakes his claim on the game’s every penny, and his out-of-this world braggadocio is backed by the boardwork of Dot Da Genius, the beatsmith whose spacey production helped transform Kid CuDi from an unknown hip-hopster into a bona fide hitmaker. Being that Factz’ and CuDi’s styles are as distinct as Day ‘n’ Nite, Dot takes a radically different approach here; over his two-fisted blend of grinding, feedback-ridden guitar grime and stomp-clap percussion, Mickey’s rhymes pack quite a punch. Factz may not be doing “Lil’ Wayne numbers” quite yet, but the personality he brings to this record will certainly help raise his profile. Keep it locked for more details on the rapper’s forthcoming, currently-untitled LP.
Written by richard on 05/21/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Leak #12 (Jimmy Choo’s) ft. J.A.M.E.S. Watts" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.