Who’s Hotter than Mickey Factz? I’m assuming the central question of the NYC emcee’s latest single is a rhetorical one, but, as one of the industry’s biggest buzzmakers, and the man who jumped on the ‘online series’ bandwagon before there even was a bandwagon, he’s got more right than most to the title “King of the Newcomers.” In swagger-soaked verses, Factz stakes his claim on the game’s every penny, and his out-of-this world braggadocio is backed by the boardwork of Dot Da Genius, the beatsmith whose spacey production helped transform Kid CuDi from an unknown hip-hopster into a bona fide hitmaker. Being that Factz’ and CuDi’s styles are as distinct as Day ‘n’ Nite, Dot takes a radically different approach here; over his two-fisted blend of grinding, feedback-ridden guitar grime and stomp-clap percussion, Mickey’s rhymes pack quite a punch. Factz may not be doing “Lil’ Wayne numbers” quite yet, but the personality he brings to this record will certainly help raise his profile. Keep it locked for more details on the rapper’s forthcoming, currently-untitled LP.
Listen to More: Mickey Factz
Written by richard on 05/21/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Leak #12 (Jimmy Choo’s) ft. J.A.M.E.S. Watts" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.