Looks like Lupe wasn’t the only one to take umbrage at Kendrick Lamar‘s lofty pronouncements on Big Sean loosie Control. NYC underground mainstay Mickey Factz also returns fire with freshly-released promo single South Park. Unsurprisingly, it’s the Comptonite’s claim to be the “king of New York” that really got under his skin. Over the same No I.D. beat that backed Sean’s original cut, Factz gives Kendrick a reality check, reminding him that not only does his girl hail from the Big Apple, but it was in Manhattan that he got his first taste of the spotlight, when Charles Hamilton handed him the mic during a 2008 cipher at S.O.B.‘s. Do his lyrical jabs hit home? Debate away—and, of course, keep your browsers locked for the latest from Mickey Factz.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Leak #12 (Jimmy Choo’s) ft. J.A.M.E.S. Watts" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.