Perhaps it was unreasonable of me to even dream that a rapper had paid tribute to the classic ‘80s flick Red Dawn, but that didn’t stop me from being slightly disappointed when I discovered that Mickey Factz’ new cut Red Sky contained nary a Patrick Swayze reference (R.I.P.). My own pop culture predilections aside, Mickey capably continues the momentum he began with the release of previous single Paradise, and his exclusive DJBooth Freestyle, on Red Sky, which finds producer Melo-X crafting a cloudy, synth-driven beat for Mickey and guest artist Emilio Rojas (whose work on Hold You Down (Remix) is still ringing in my ears) to drop some straight-up, no frills rhyming, Mortal Kombat and designer fashion reference that should have aspiring emcees reaching for their pads and pens. That was a hell of a run-on sentence, so let me make it simple: Red Sky is dope, and I have to assume that Mickey’s upcoming mixtape, the rhetorically-titled Who the F**k is Mickey Factz Vol. 2, will be too when it drops August 19. In the meantime, be sure to check out the newly released video for Paradise.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Leak #12 (Jimmy Choo’s) ft. J.A.M.E.S. Watts" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.