Today, Brooklyn’s MeLo-X, a producer/promoter who has brought his New Pop sound to the East Coast hip-hop scene, will release his new mixtape, Mustafa’s Renaissance. While most of the project features Melo as the lead artist, track #16 features a fellow NYC emcee, who just so happened to be named by XXL magazine as one of their “Top 10 Freshmen.” On Radio 2 Point OH, the Bronx’s Mickey Factz brings everyone out on the dance floor. Regardless of what you think of Factz’ verses, most listeners will be able to appreciate MeLo-X’s club-thumping beat. Bottom line: crossover hit. For a wider variety of get-up-and-dance jams, check out the rest of Mustafa’s Renaissance.
Written by Burmy on 12/15/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Leak #12 (Jimmy Choo’s) ft. J.A.M.E.S. Watts" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.