Lock your doors, bar your windows, and keep a shotgun by your side at all times – The Lost Exhibit #ALPHA has escaped from its holding cell, and it’s out for blood! Oh, it’s a new track from Mickey Factz, not some type of nightmarish, genetically-engineered monster created by the government? Sorry, guess I should lay off the Resident Evil. In actuality, this unreleased record’s unusual title has a perfectly reasonable (if less exciting) explanation: Factz’ had forgotten about this freestyle, recorded over Just Blaze‘s beat from Jay Electronica‘s Exhibit A (Transformation), till just recently, when he came across the file and decided to leak it in anticipation of the January 1 release of his latest project, Alpha. This is one exhibit we can all be glad didn’t remain forgotten – Factz’ heady, paranoia-tinged mix of braggadocio, sociopolitical commentary and revolutionary rhetoric is as attention-grabbing as ever, and Blaze’s ambient, synth-driven boardwork is the perfect foil to the emcee’s lyrical intensity. If you’re digging this moody track, don’t forget to grab your own copy of Alpha first thing after you wake up New Year’s morning (or afternoon, or evening, depending on how hard you partied the night before).
Written by richard on 12/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Leak #12 (Jimmy Choo’s) ft. J.A.M.E.S. Watts" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)