Mickey Factz’ fanbase may be just a tad too widely-dispersed to gather ‘round and celebrate the rapper’s birthday (yesterday, the 13th) with the traditional trifecta of cake, presents, and off-key singing, but the NYC buzzmaker has brought a little something for the whole class to enjoy; on this brand new record, released in anticipation of tonight’s show at S.O.B.‘s (also featuring GLCnewyork labelmates Jade, Stalley, and FKi), Factz steps up to the mic to present listeners the best gift he has to offer: himself, of course! After announcing his arrival with a shout of “I’m Here!”, Mickey proceeds to blaze one of the craziest beats I’ve heard in quite a while—though Do My Do and Sensibility producer Precize packs his instrumental with enough syncopated percussion to send many emcees fleeing in terror, Factz uses the off-kilter rhythm to his advantage, employing a head-turning flow that perfectly complements his swagger-drenched lyricism. This high-energy jam is sure to bring the house down when performed live; if you happen to live in the Big Apple (and are reading this review as it goes live), now’s the time to book it down to S.O.B.‘s!
Written by richard on 07/14/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Leak #12 (Jimmy Choo’s) ft. J.A.M.E.S. Watts" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.