With Booth-acclaimed, Dot Da Genius-produced single Who’s Hotter, Mickey Factz stepped out onto the mainstream stage as a up-and-coming hipster-hop hitmaker with a style all his own—to recycle a terrible pun, the hard-rocking, confrontational swagger he brought to that record was as different from Kid CuDi‘s space-cadet stonerism as Day is from Nite. On newly-leaked LP cut Do My Do, the two emcees join forces to showcase their distinctively dope styles.. The stuttering percussion rhythm at the core of Sensibility beatsmith Precize‘s synth-driven beat proves the perfect springboard for agile, swag-drenched rhymes from both collaborators—CuDi’s head-spinningly acrobatic final verse in particular has to be heard to be believed. It’s most definitely some real “heat sh*t,” and if Factz and CuDi keep things at this level, there’s doubt they’ll soon reign supreme over the “weak sh*t” that currently dominates the airwaves. Factz’ forthcoming debut album has yet to receive a title or release date; keep it locked to the Booth for more info, and check back with us this July for the emcee’s contribution to our exclusive freestyle series.
Written by richard on 06/4/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Leak #12 (Jimmy Choo’s) ft. J.A.M.E.S. Watts" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.