While most rappers from New York City are trying to bring back the Big Apple’s hip-hop heyday, Bronx native Mickey Factz has a plan to move it forward. On The Leak 12, enter the story of a female who Factz finds himself smitten over. What’s the catch? Oh, just that he has to buy her a pair of thousand dollar Jimmy Choo’s, and Mickey will do anything (including singing blues on the street corner) to raise the cash. Adding a funky, old-soul appeal to the mission is the talented James Watts (on both hook and production duty). If Jimmy Choo’s is any indicator, it shouldn’t be too much longer before Mickey reaches his goal. The Leak, Vol.1 hits stores April 22.
Written by Burmy on 03/24/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"E.T. ft. Mickey Factz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.