While most rappers from New York City are trying to bring back the Big Apple’s hip-hop heyday, Bronx native Mickey Factz has a plan to move it forward. On The Leak 12, enter the story of a female who Factz finds himself smitten over. What’s the catch? Oh, just that he has to buy her a pair of thousand dollar Jimmy Choo’s, and Mickey will do anything (including singing blues on the street corner) to raise the cash. Adding a funky, old-soul appeal to the mission is the talented James Watts (on both hook and production duty). If Jimmy Choo’s is any indicator, it shouldn’t be too much longer before Mickey reaches his goal. The Leak, Vol.1 hits stores April 22.
Written by Burmy on 03/24/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"E.T. ft. Mickey Factz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.