In December of 2013, Mickey Factz announced that, after much soul-searching, he had decided to stop making music. As often happens in the world of hip-hop, “retirement” turned out to mean “a few months off.” Having concluded that his curtain call was premature, the East Coast mainstay is back on our radar with the lead single off a forthcoming project. Clearly, the break has left Factz refreshed, because Detroit Red is one of the most ambitious, impressive cuts we’ve heard from him to date. Over some sample-peppered production by Aleem Bilal, the emcee spits the early biography of Malcolm X, from his strife-ridden childhood to his incarceration in Charleston State Prison. This high-concept cut is only the beginning of what fans can expect on the forthcoming 740 Park Avenue. We’ll keep you posted on the set, which currently lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 05/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Leak #12 (Jimmy Choo’s) ft. J.A.M.E.S. Watts" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.