Has it really been four years since Mickey Factz dropped his critically-acclaimed Heaven’s Fallout mixtape? To answer my own rhetorical question, yes, yes it has. In lieu of the customary fourth-anniversary gift of fruit and/or flowers, the Bronx native’s preparing to bless fans with something a little more exciting: a re-release of the set, complete with a few fresh cuts. On this new addition, the freestyle alum reminds us why he’s still on his musical grind: “I do it for The Culture.” Precize keeps it sumptuous and chill behind the boards, crafting a glossy synth backdrop for Factz’ celebratory bars. Kicking the record off with a nod to Biggie (“It was all a dream, and I still ain’t tryin’ to wake up / I used to read Billboard magazine, now I’m on page one.”), the rapper proceeds to deliver a rundown of all the reasons his life is the bomb – from LA. sun and New York nights to beautiful women and top-shelf liquors – and Marsha Ambrosius tops it all off with some fittingly luxuriant chorus vocals. There’s no doubt about it: Mickey Factz has come a long way. Fans so inclined can celebrate along with him by copping his Heaven’s Fallout re-release when it arrives on the ‘net later this week.
Written by richard on 03/1/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Leak #12 (Jimmy Choo’s) ft. J.A.M.E.S. Watts" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.