I don’t have enough space to fully explain Mickey Factz’ new project, Mickey Mause, here, so we’ll have to go with the Clif Notes version: the ‘80s, art, writing, women, drugs, fame, H.I.V. Truth be told, there’s really no way to explain Mickey’s concept album/soundtrack, we’ll just have to listen to it in the form of standout track Crowded. Produced by the headliner himself, Crowded’s instrumental is a rock driven affair featuring a trippy vocal sample (can anyone name it) and some of the livest drums you’re ever going to hear. From there Factz…excuse me, Mause…launches into a cavalcade of rhymes that are as boundary breaking and defiant as the music backing them: “Brain crowded, evade cowards / mask on leave my mark on the strange tower.” I don’t know what it means, but I’ll be damned if I don’t feel the desire to figure it out, and in today’s copy and paste music game that’s far from a familiar feeling. If Crowded also has you intrigued, and frankly it should, you’re in luck – Mickey Mause is available right now across the interwebs.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Leak #12 (Jimmy Choo’s) ft. J.A.M.E.S. Watts" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.