I don’t have enough space to fully explain Mickey Factz’ new project, Mickey Mause, here, so we’ll have to go with the Clif Notes version: the ‘80s, art, writing, women, drugs, fame, H.I.V. Truth be told, there’s really no way to explain Mickey’s concept album/soundtrack, we’ll just have to listen to it in the form of standout track Crowded. Produced by the headliner himself, Crowded’s instrumental is a rock driven affair featuring a trippy vocal sample (can anyone name it) and some of the livest drums you’re ever going to hear. From there Factz…excuse me, Mause…launches into a cavalcade of rhymes that are as boundary breaking and defiant as the music backing them: “Brain crowded, evade cowards / mask on leave my mark on the strange tower.” I don’t know what it means, but I’ll be damned if I don’t feel the desire to figure it out, and in today’s copy and paste music game that’s far from a familiar feeling. If Crowded also has you intrigued, and frankly it should, you’re in luck – Mickey Mause is available right now across the interwebs.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Leak #12 (Jimmy Choo’s) ft. J.A.M.E.S. Watts" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.