I don’t have enough space to fully explain Mickey Factz’ new project, Mickey Mause, here, so we’ll have to go with the Clif Notes version: the ‘80s, art, writing, women, drugs, fame, H.I.V. Truth be told, there’s really no way to explain Mickey’s concept album/soundtrack, we’ll just have to listen to it in the form of standout track Crowded. Produced by the headliner himself, Crowded’s instrumental is a rock driven affair featuring a trippy vocal sample (can anyone name it) and some of the livest drums you’re ever going to hear. From there Factz…excuse me, Mause…launches into a cavalcade of rhymes that are as boundary breaking and defiant as the music backing them: “Brain crowded, evade cowards / mask on leave my mark on the strange tower.” I don’t know what it means, but I’ll be damned if I don’t feel the desire to figure it out, and in today’s copy and paste music game that’s far from a familiar feeling. If Crowded also has you intrigued, and frankly it should, you’re in luck – Mickey Mause is available right now across the interwebs.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Leak #12 (Jimmy Choo’s) ft. J.A.M.E.S. Watts" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.