Who Else could give us a single just a month removed from their DJBooth Freestyle Series feature? Well, that’s an easy one, since there is only one answer; it’s Mick Jenkins. Just four weeks after the release of his flame freestyle, Steam, Jenkins returns with a record from his highly-anticipated (at least by us) project, The Water[s]. Setting the stage on Who Else is producer TJ Osinulu, who cooks up a slurred beat that is driven by rattling drums and some lurching, mysterious samples. Though the beat has some muffled effects, it is Jenkins voice that claps like thunder. His gritty, forceful delivery really makes each bar stand out and showcases how much strength this young emcee has in his verbage. Be sure to check back with The DJBooth for more form Mick as we approach the June 24, release date of The Water[s].
Written by Lucas G. on 05/7/14
As much as I love the internet, TV, video games, my computer, Netflix, my iPod and everything else I totally don't need, the truth is that they're all dangerous. We get so wrapped up in our things, we often forget what life...
Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cross Roads" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)