Who Else could give us a single just a month removed from their DJBooth Freestyle Series feature? Well, that’s an easy one, since there is only one answer; it’s Mick Jenkins. Just four weeks after the release of his flame freestyle, Steam, Jenkins returns with a record from his highly-anticipated (at least by us) project, The Water[s]. Setting the stage on Who Else is producer TJ Osinulu, who cooks up a slurred beat that is driven by rattling drums and some lurching, mysterious samples. Though the beat has some muffled effects, it is Jenkins voice that claps like thunder. His gritty, forceful delivery really makes each bar stand out and showcases how much strength this young emcee has in his verbage. Be sure to check back with The DJBooth for more form Mick as we approach the June 24, release date of The Water[s].
Written by Lucas G. on 05/7/14
Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cross Roads" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.