Chicago is home to some of the most promising young artists in the game. It seems like every day a new artist emerges; it must be something in the Water. One of those young emcees is Mick Jenkins. On The Water, he drops some serious knowledge over a dripping, ambient beat by High Klassified and Da P. Jenkins’s booming voice may contrast with the instrumental, but his waving, cushioned delivery really brings the track together. He uses this approach to point out some serious flaws in the game, like the tendency for some to place more value in fame and luxury goods than in necessities like water. The Water is the first single and pseudo-title track off Jenkins’s The Water[s] project, which has yet to receive a drop date.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/6/13
Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cross Roads" (2013)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.