Chicago is home to some of the most promising young artists in the game. It seems like every day a new artist emerges; it must be something in the Water. One of those young emcees is Mick Jenkins. On The Water, he drops some serious knowledge over a dripping, ambient beat by High Klassified and Da P. Jenkins’s booming voice may contrast with the instrumental, but his waving, cushioned delivery really brings the track together. He uses this approach to point out some serious flaws in the game, like the tendency for some to place more value in fame and luxury goods than in necessities like water. The Water is the first single and pseudo-title track off Jenkins’s The Water[s] project, which has yet to receive a drop date.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/6/13
As much as I love the internet, TV, video games, my computer, Netflix, my iPod and everything else I totally don't need, the truth is that they're all dangerous. We get so wrapped up in our things, we often forget what life...
Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cross Roads" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)