Chicago is home to some of the most promising young artists in the game. It seems like every day a new artist emerges; it must be something in the Water. One of those young emcees is Mick Jenkins. On The Water, he drops some serious knowledge over a dripping, ambient beat by High Klassified and Da P. Jenkins’s booming voice may contrast with the instrumental, but his waving, cushioned delivery really brings the track together. He uses this approach to point out some serious flaws in the game, like the tendency for some to place more value in fame and luxury goods than in necessities like water. The Water is the first single and pseudo-title track off Jenkins’s The Water[s] project, which has yet to receive a drop date.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/6/13
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cross Roads" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.