Chicago is home to some of the most promising young artists in the game. It seems like every day a new artist emerges; it must be something in the Water. One of those young emcees is Mick Jenkins. On The Water, he drops some serious knowledge over a dripping, ambient beat by High Klassified and Da P. Jenkins’s booming voice may contrast with the instrumental, but his waving, cushioned delivery really brings the track together. He uses this approach to point out some serious flaws in the game, like the tendency for some to place more value in fame and luxury goods than in necessities like water. The Water is the first single and pseudo-title track off Jenkins’s The Water[s] project, which has yet to receive a drop date.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/6/13
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cross Roads" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.