Mick Jenkins may dub himself “young Lazarus” on his latest feature, but don’t get it twisted: the record is less a return from the dead than the continuation of an ongoing rise to prominence. Earlier this year, the Chicago repper dropped off a reader-acclaimed contribution to the DJBooth freestyle series, and he was recently selected as one of our “Top Prospects” this quarter. The newly-signed, Cinematic Music Group buzzmaker stays killing it on this freshly-released single, lacing Chuck Strangers‘s wavy, guitar-laced production with gruffly-flowed lyrical flames. The Water[s] is slated to drop independently, both for free and digital purchase, on Tuesday, August 12. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 07/16/14
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cross Roads" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)