Mick Jenkins may dub himself “young Lazarus” on his latest feature, but don’t get it twisted: the record is less a return from the dead than the continuation of an ongoing rise to prominence. Earlier this year, the Chicago repper dropped off a reader-acclaimed contribution to the DJBooth freestyle series, and he was recently selected as one of our “Top Prospects” this quarter. The newly-signed, Cinematic Music Group buzzmaker stays killing it on this freshly-released single, lacing Chuck Strangers‘s wavy, guitar-laced production with gruffly-flowed lyrical flames. The Water[s] is slated to drop independently, both for free and digital purchase, on Tuesday, August 12. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 07/16/14
Submit your Rating
Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cross Roads" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.