As a rap buzzmaker representing Chicago, it was inevitable Mick Jenkins would eventually find himself in the studio with Chance the Rapper and Vic Mensa. Appropriately enough, their paths finally meet on Cross Roads, a new promo single which serves as the first-named emcee’s introduction to our pages. Here, Ongaud‘s downbeat sample work offers the collaborators ample room to showcase their distinctive approaches on the mic. The headliner’s gruff, yet agile opener is followed by a characteristically fresh and unpredictable 16 from Chance. Mensa’s tightly-wound flows grace the closing verse, but Mr. Save Money gets the last word, unexpectedly returning to deliver a final couplet. This joint is unattached to any forthcoming project but, rest assured, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest from each of these talented Windy City denizens.
Written by richard on 07/21/13
Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Water" (2013)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.